Sunday 9 August 2020

My response to "describe a time when I was in need of motivation for a work which requires effort and time ?"

There have been lots of instances when I have set a goal which was quite demanding in terms of the motivation I needed to have to relentlessly pursue it and also in terms of other skills whether technical or managerial alike. One such instance which I would like to speak about is when I was pursuing a research project in computer science which required me to have competent enough mathematical skills of linear algebra and also computer programming, apart from this it was a time-bound project so I had to focus on the work day-in and day-out. This duration of time in my life has been one filled with challenges, I not only had to take more classes to hone the skills but at the same time experiment with the ideas present in the skills with enough confidence that the experiment will lead to successful research and results. It was a time when I not only had multiple things at my perusal but also many other aspects of my social life were very distant from me, leading to an ever-increasing want to take breaks to relax my mind. But whenever I had such thoughts incessantly build up an image in my mind which represented the consequences of not putting sufficient time into thinking, ideating and experimenting while doing my research; alongside I analyzed the words and predicted the thoughts my parents and loved ones might have when they would find me achieving something profound, this eventually boosted my mood up and helped me in carrying out my work seamlessly. My parents' hard work in preparing me as a mentally strong person pays me immensely at all such occasions in my life. I am very lucky to be as such.    


No comments:

Post a Comment